Hi.. Oil prices are the still higher even though sometimes the government decreased the price. This is the 10 tips how to save fuel :-
1. Many drivers hit the break more often than is necessary. Additionally there are quite a few drivers that slow down for a braking car when they could easily switch lanes. Not riding the break can increase your fuel efficiency by up to 30%, so this is a great tip you should follow.
2. If you are going to be stopping for more than 5 minutes you should switch off your car to keep fuel efficiency at its peak and not burn more gas than is necessary.
3. If you are only stopping for a brief moment or less than 1-2 minutes then don’t turn off your car because the amount of gas used to crank up is more than you would burn in that short period of time.
4 Too many drivers do not care about their tires, unless one goes flat. Using tires that are properly inflated can save fuel and make your car more fuel efficient and save your money. Check your tire pressure on a regular basis.
5. Accelerate with care.. If you drive an automatic, accelerate moderately so the transmission can shift up into the higher gears. Stick-shifters should shift early to keep the revs down, but don’t lug the engine — downshift if you need to accelerate. Keep an eye well down the road for potential slowdowns. If you accelerate to speed then have to brake right away, that’s wasted fuel.
6. Clean out your car. If you’re the type who takes a leisurely attitude towards car cleanliness — and I definitely fall into that category — periodically go through your car and see what can be tossed out or brought into the house. It doesn’t take much to acquire an extra 40 or 50 lbs. of stuff, and the more weight your car has to lug around, the more fuel it burns.
7. Hang with the trucks. Ever notice how, in bad traffic jams, cars seem to constantly speed up and slow down, while trucks tend to roll along at the same leisurely pace? A constant speed keeps shifting to a minimum — important to those who have to wrangle with those ten-speed truck transmissions — but it also aids economy, as it takes much more fuel to get a vehicle moving than it does to keep it moving. Rolling with the big rigs saves fuel (and aggravation).
8. Jump in the pool:. Find a carpool for work commutes, and ask your friends and neighbors to combine errand runs with you.
9. Use the right oil. You can improve your car’s gas mileage by 1 to 2 percent by using the manufacturer’s recommended grade of motor oil.
10. Don’t top off. Don’t bother topping off when filling your car’s gas tank. Any additional gas is just going to slop around or seep out. Why waste your money paying for gas your car won’t use? Stop pumping at the first indication that your tank is full when the automatic nozzle clicks off.
I hope this tips will help us to save fuel and money. Maybe you have another idea. Maybe we can share at this blog.
CarSite will help you find the best Used Cars, no one helps you more. We have thousands of Car Supermarkets, Franchised Dealers and Independent Garages advertising their Used Cars through us. So, if you are looking to buy a Used car then look no further than CarSite.